I have taught thousands of students in the Seattle area (probably well over 7000 since I began) and I have been designing and building websites since 1995.
Among my clients as a teacher and web designer have been: DHHS (WA) The IRS (WA), DeLaunay Communications, Learning Workshop, Bionova Produce, Ferring Nelson LLC, Master’s Touch Produce, Bionova Inc, Kawasaki Motors, Bader Architecture, Emery’s Garden, Patrick’s Fly Shop and many more.
- 1992 to present: Teaching at Seattle Central Community College. I teach for IT, Application Support and Continuing Education.
- Since 2010 Teaching for North Seattle Community College and occasionally for Cornish College of Fine Arts
- 1998 to present. Principal of Studio30, a web design and electronic publishing firm in Seattle, WA. Primarily I develop websites, either built from scratch or using a web content management system; typically WordPress. This sets the client free of a dependent relationship. Every job for every client requires use of clean and attractive XHTML,CSS and graphic design.
- As a consultant I can help you learn the software you need to know or troubleshoot difficult projects.
- In the last few years I also regularly strategize and run social networking for clients. If you don’t wish an ongoing relationship I can help you strategize and set up a system.
Relevant Classes taught / Software expertise:
- Dreamweaver, HTML,CSS and Web Design, Web Design for Artists, Web Design with Hugh Miller
- Photoshop / Illustrator / InDesign / Fireworks / Flash
- WordPress / Drupal
- Windows OS
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
Skills & Strengths:
- Excellent communication and training skills: humorous, patient, articulate and organized.
- Vast experience working with students and helping them get what they need.
- A dynamic public speaker/Explainer
- Quick rational problem solving/trouble shooting.
- Excellent information architecture, design and layout skills.
- Finely tuned insight concerning advertising, public relations and media marketing.
- I am a RELIABLE idea machine. I’ll bet you I can think of something useful.
- Twenty years experience with graphic design, HTML, CSS and the all around practical issues of web design.